Help!!!! Attn: those experienced

thedizz

I'm currently working ong n several tracks to make a demo cd. Problem being that when I transfer them from my comp to cd, they don't play back with the quality or intensity they they once did. I've tried messing with eq and such with no luck. I notice a big difference in the bassline. when put on a system with subs little or none of it plays through them. any suggestions?

ok...

are u playing the cd through the same amp and speakers as your DAW ?

Are you playing it through your computers cd player or through a separates system ?

gimme some more info to work on dude

If you playing it through a totally different system, theres a chance your DAW monitors are bass heavy. If you monitor through bass heavy speakers, your mix will sound like its missing bass on other systems cos your pulled it all out in the mix to compensate for the bass heavy speakers.

I won't try to address the specific problem, but generally, the idea is to get the songs to sound good on a variety of systems. Accurate monitors help, but there's no substitute(less experience) for listening to the song on multiple systems, taking notes and making changes.

At the same time, learn your monitors. Take note of aspects that always have too much or not enough of something on other systems and start accounting for that when you're mixing.

Back