Help!!!

Richard Barton

Hey everybody, I'm new to this forum. I have a big favor to ask. I am searching for a particular kick sound and have been working at this for a couple weeks trying to achieve it but only gotten close and still not satisfied... The kick sound I want is that flat but buttery kick sound.

Ex: Future - Extra Luv

Ex: Gucci Mane - I Get The Bag

Can someone walk me through how to get this sound also if the kicks are layered with a sine wave for that thunder from down under? Been at this for weeks and my head is constantly thumping with that kick sound LMAO.

Thanks,

Richard

Last edited:
Small, tight wood-beater kick in a small room, layered with a little bit of electronic kick ought to get you pretty close. In both examples, the bass part is played very tight/closely with the kick drum part, so that may be part of what you're hearing (?)... Also, you'll have to decide which low-end instrument "takes the lead," as it's nigh impossible to get a perfect bass sound and a perfect bass drum sound at the same time!

GJ

Start with a good sample, and then EQ to carve out a space for the kick in the lower freq range that doesn’t overlap too much with the bass.

Back