Having More Energy in Track

caycay

I was wondering if anyone could give pointers on putting more "energy" into my music, composition wise, mainly R&B music? And not really with the use of drums or percussion or filters.

any help appreciated

Last edited:
Spend more time making your track, hence you put more energy into it.

Hehe no but seriously, what exactly do you mean by putting more energy in the track?

Generally I equate energy with rhythmic movement in the bass - the more rhythmic the bass the more energy the track has

So move from simple quarter notes/crotchets to 8ths/quavers or even a mix of quavers and semi-quavers/16ths-8ths

Generally I equate energy with rhythmic movement in the bass - the more rhythmic the bass the more energy the track has

So move from simple quarter notes/crotchets to 8ths/quavers or even a mix of quavers and semi-quavers/16ths-8ths

Youll need to provide demos of songs you failed to pump "energy" into, because "have more energy" could literally mean anything. Things that can be done in the meantime:

Change the key up
Transposing instruments up
Adding a rising string/synth
Use crashes/cymbals more (you'd be surprised how effective that is)
Increase the hi-hat pace
Add stabbing strings/piano
Usinf the arpeggiotor effect may work
Adding more instrumentation
Changing the bassline from long bars to a "stabbier" arrangement
Switching the bassline sound itself for an grungier more aggressive one
Changing the kick snare arrangement
Changing the kick & snare sounds themselves punchier one and less jazzy.

ok thanks. that's what I was thinking would help

Spend more time making your track, hence you put more energy into it.

Hehe no but seriously, what exactly do you mean by putting more energy in the track?

not for sure. Just working with someone and they said my compositions were good, but they lacked energy...

Increasing the tempo of your song is good way to add energy to the track. You could even subliminally increase the tempo as the song progresses.

Back