Havent made beats in 4 months

H

HooD

I have not made beats in 4 month now I got my equipment I cant make no beats not even in reason 3.0 its horriable not really its that I lost it since I wus gone damn I hope I get it back, how you guys get inspired?

i dont know i had the same problem for a while...i couldnt make anything satisfying...but thing i did was i just freed my mind...i didnt drink no alcohol/liquor and i stop smoking...im taking the andre 3000 route...and when im making an beat i just find and instrument in Reason i like the sound of and then i get on my keyboard and just start playing till i get me an nice melody...i let the music flow from the soul.. and to me it makes my beats alot more listenable.

watch some beat making videos hahaha...i used to do that a while ago when i was messing with fl, but now its natural to me, just keep practicing, maybe try starting out with drums and come up with a melody after that

You know i was going try sampling but im like nawwww that aint me. And I have been producin for year. All together beats sold I made a good 850. I make beats trust me its not like im new to this I just had to wait to pay off some equipment im making some retarted ish. Sounds like a rock band mashing up the place by the way im a hi hop producer.

Seriously try sampling. I was the same too. Before I had the "naw **** that I'm never gonna steal **** Its gotta come from the head" type mindset and I made some ill **** but It kept getting harder and harder. Then I started flipping through records and they gave me ideas etc. Look at all the famous producers: Dre, Neptunes, Swizz, and even Storch. They all use use samples for inspiration. Sampling allows you to understand how music is put together so eventually you can compose better. Just my 2 cent opinion

Hmmmm maybe a try you know but I dont have a turnable so im going sample CD's I have here you know just instrumentals.

I know the feelin' homey. A situation made me sell my equipment a YEAR ago, and im ****IN MISERABLE!!! I been feenin' like pookie, but I'll be gettin it back in a couple months. And if your really love it and are good at it (like me),you were thinking about ideas and beats the whole time and it wont take you long to get back in the groove. Use this time to experiment with a new sound, it'll come back.

i would say just keep making beats, no matter if they hot or not, cause sooner or later youll get back into the swing of things and making what you used to make

to be quite honest, when I first started making beats, I was a stoner like no other, and then gradually I had smoked less and less over the course of a couple of years and every now and then after I had basically just quit and I couldn't come up with anything, I just got really baked and let my mind relax and eventually everything just came back... I mean, it all depends on your mind frame, your environment, etc.

When I feel like this I usually take a break from music and come back to it when Im ready. I mean if you think you are making wack beats maybe you are rushing your beats. When I make my beats I usually do the drums first and make sure that I am happy with them and then I move on to the next part, if Im not happy with them I just trash and restart. I noticed in the past when I made something wack I didn't have the heart to trash it but know it's simple for me to trash my work.
To be honest try to find a co-producer to work with you at least you can bounce off each other and he should be able to tell you if something sounds wack. I mean i don't have a partner to work with (I wish I did, but honestly everyone is all talk in my area), but at least I have my lil' bro to tell when something sounds hot or wack.

you cannot force it. you will just make yourself mad and want to give up. don't give up. it takes time. i am in the same process. really i am starting from scratch. i want to reinvent myself. but don't give up.

HooD said:
Hmmmm maybe a try you know but I dont have a turnable so im going sample CD's I have here you know just instrumentals.

Don't feel so I bad I couldn't make a beat for like a year, I just had to much on my table. I was going to college, working full-time and was trying to spend time with my family. Then when I had time to produce something it was nasty it was deleting more then anything. Now I am getting back to producing, I hate to say it but it will come to you when it's time just keep banging away fam.

Real

everything takes time, dont rush into something unless u know what sound u want

there's a 2000 year-old trick you could try that Socrates came up with that does not involve getting stoned....

Socrates said that creativity works in a kind of triad of maths, writing and music.

If you practise any one of the three you will bolster your abilities in the other two areas......doing maths (geometry or algerbra are best) will make your reasoning better and make your writing improve. Practising writing in a reasonable and logical way will improve your musical ability and playing an instrument will improve your maths........So as you can see it all becomes self-feeding (like a feedback oscillator! ok maybe not)...

anyway it's an old idea that continues to work for a lot of people out there, and it may just work for you. And you wont kill any brain cells trying it....

Back