Hard Ja Rule N.Y. synth

Caramel41

hey ya!
i aint got no clue bout sound synthesis so could on of ya help me 2 fugure out how to get them real hard synth sounds like the one on deepside's lets make love or the ja rule new york one?
thx in advance

Pretty sure those synths sounds (esp from the deepside track, sound just like the synth from chris brown's run it prod by scott storch) are a preset on the Yamaha Motif ES. You can bet on that actually.

Those sounds are nothing special, any synth can make them, start with a saw wave form on 2 osc, detune the 2nd one a lil bit, add a bit of noise. That should get you started somewhere in the neighborhood. Try scrollin thru presets that you already have and look for something close to that and tweek from there. Also, since that rule song starts with just those synths, you can sample them and tweek those. Million ways to skin a cat. Hope that helps.
LevLove

Forgot to add, i love hard saw synths, for me, lil jon's earlier work really used to make my face scrunch up. Check his synth work on "put ur hood up". I love that hard edgy sound. Especially when its loud *scrunches up face and bobs head*
LevLove

Last edited:
You could get an entry level real analog synth like a Juno 106 ($200 to $400). It would make similar sounds. A lot of producers still use the 106. You'll find the Juno 106 in some song(s) on Kanye West's Graduation.

i have alot of plugins who could bring me that sounds like ravity and rapture, massive n stuff but im tryin to get the "formula" for those kind of things! because i dont wanna depend on presets

Back