hard hitting bass

C

clockwork_101

does anyone have any hard hittin bassdrums or baseline likethey be havin in the dirty south

I think you have to go to the dirty south if you want the real deal. If you can't, you'll just have to layer your kicks and eq like the rest of us.

I gotta question about layering and eq'ing for some hard hitting base.

Is it better to do this in a DAW like cubase or reason, than on a synth like the motif es?

sellinbeats said:
on cubase is what i would do. are you talking about an 808 kick? there are katrillions of them online.

I've heard of an 808 kick but I don't know if I have it on my motif.

What about creating your own kick that sounds deep? So you're saying you use cubase for the drums? And then you add in synths and other sounds using something else like a keyboard or whatever?

Last edited:
Jon-A said:
I've heard of an 808 kick but I don't know if I have it on my motif.

What about creating your own kick that sounds deep? So you're saying you use cubase for the drums? And then you add in synths and other sounds using something else like a keyboard or whatever?

Please pay on mind to him.Him saying he uses Cubase for the drums
is like me saying I use Live 6 for my drums.It does not mean a thing.
Half the people here talk just for the sake of taking.

i use fruity loops to sequence my drums. if you have any of these programs i shouldnt have to tell you how. but if you know how to use the motif then just play it over on a dif track untill you like how it sounds. then record it into cubase or whatever daw you have or are going to get. put each sound on a diff channel and eq-compress however it needs. the motif should have some pure bass kicks wich are like 808's but you have to find them.

in fl there are 2 wayse that i make 808 style kicks. one way is the fruity kick, if tweeked right it sounds great. the other is a 3och wich is a synth program and if tweeked right can sound like an 808.

anything else?

thanks a lot. I'm going to learn cubase and try the suggestions here. I'll keep you posted.

thanks again.

jal

Back