Guitar sound?

DJkebu

Hey guys, ive been wondering for a while, how to make a nice guitar sound u can hear in some trance tracks, but also in other styles of electronic music. I couldnt find any videos or tutorials on how to make guitar sounds on for example, Sylenth1 or Massive. So my question is, is there any nice VST that i can use to make guitar sounds? or is it possible to make them with synths like sylenth1, if so can you link some tutorial?

Id like to know some affordable VST that i can use to make these sounds. Thanks!

Try searching around for sylenth1 sound banks. You may also want to check out the guitar expansion for nexus. If you want a realistic sound, it's best to use an actual guitar.

Last edited:
I know there's some pretty good guitar VSTi's but I can't remember the name off hand.

Search youtube maybe type in "best guitar VSTi" and also remember the best ones will cost.

Post an example.

he can use his imagination and use a sound source that sounds like a guitar. for example in this track i have these "guitar sounding" piano keys which come in at around 3:30. and that leading distorted sounding guitar at 2:17 started out as a saw wavefrom. krushing i would love to get feedback from a dude like you though.

Last edited:
Are you talking about something like this? The guitar sound right at the beginning?

It's so powerful yet airy. There is a sparkle to the guitar sound while also driving the chords through. I have always loved this kind of sound in a very trancy track I think it's just a unique combination. Honestly I think the best way to achieve this sound is record an actual guitar. There is just the right amount of distortion and a beautiful ambience via reverb.

I have done several projects recording guitar and if your working on a specific project if you shoot me the chords I could possibly send you the recordings.

Are you talking about something like this? The guitar sound right at the beginning?

It's so powerful yet airy. There is a sparkle to the guitar sound while also driving the chords through. I have always loved this kind of sound in a very trancy track I think it's just a unique combination. Honestly I think the best way to achieve this sound is record an actual guitar. There is just the right amount of distortion and a beautiful ambience via reverb.

I have done several projects recording guitar and if your working on a specific project if you shoot me the chords I could possibly send you the recordings.

damn that youtube compression killed that track. my ears were so irritated that i couldn't check it out.

I chose that one because it was the radio edit and it went right into the verse but I guess I never noticed that the quality was horrible! hahah. Here is a better version...it starts at 0:36

Last edited:
I chose that one because it was the radio edit and it went right into the verse but I guess I never noticed that the quality was horrible! hahah. Here is a better version...it starts at 0:36

much, MUCH better. it definitely sounds airy but i don't hear any reverb. must be subtle. and i can't believe i didn't tell him this before but there is a plugin by imageline called slayer 2 that is loaded up with guitar presets.

Slayer 2

the link includes a video and system requirements. enjoy.

Back