Guitar scales to piano scales

C

cbrewer

OK I got me some Guitar loops to f with in some beats and they have been labeld by what scale they are in. When I go to play the same scale on the piano it sounds all messed up, like a few nmotes are on key but the rest arn't. For example the one I am messing with is in a C#min scale so when I play that on my piano it doesn't sound on key. Is there like a different type of scale when it comes to guitar or piano like a guitar scale being in C#min is really something else on the piano?

Thanks guy in advance

Why does it sound all messed up? Like off key?

Oh well Back to the drawing board.. thanks though

its because the loop is being played in C#, but that dont mean it starts off with the C key. Try playing with some other notes.

Last edited:
cbrewer said:
For example the one I am messing with is in a C#min scale so when I play that on my piano it doesn't sound on key. Is there like a different type of scale when it comes to guitar or piano like a guitar scale being in C#min is really something else on the piano?
As been said, the scales are universal for all instruments.

Are you trying to accompany the guitar loops, or are you trying to duplicate them on the keyboard? Give us a better idea of what you're trying to accomplish.

Assuming you're just trying to groove along with the guitar loops, try some C#minor chord progressions:
C#min(i) - F#min(iv); G#min(v) - C#min(i); G#7(V) - C#min(i); D#dim(ii) - G#7(V) - C#min(i).

The C#min loops should sound cool over those. But let us know exactly what you're trying to do so we can offer better suggestions.

Back