Grabbing Some Disco Vocals

D

djdalmation

My uncle recently revealed to me that he has over 400 disco records from 77 and on. He started lending them to me and while I might not incorporate them into any of my sets a friend of mine mentioned that I would probably be able to use them to grab vocals from them and remix them. I'm pretty new to this stuff but I have used cooledit and some other music editing tools and was wondering if there were any tutorials or basic software I would need to extract vocals from the albums. I read the thread about not being able to really extract a particular part from a song but I figure vocals are distinct enough that maybe there was a chance to grab those. Thanks for any help in advance.

DJ Dalmation

FUNKATASTICK

Filters, it's all about the filters.

If you're into making disco style house anyway, don't worry too much about removing the background instruments they just add to the funky flavour.

Check Future Music's site, there's a tip on creating a cut-up disco house track. Read that and you can't go wrong.

Also, check through your uncle's collection for artists like bootsy collins. That's where most of the new style's come from.

You'll be the next Bob Sinclair or Armand VAn Helden before the weekend !!!

Rich.

this is vaguely related to the topic.........-I bought my tt's without any records, which was very stupid. My friend's dad had 300 and most of them were disco but he was afraid the scratching would damage the records so he didn't gimme all of them at first, he gav eme one record-The doctor exx band "superman and other disco hits"...well i wanted to grab some vocals..i just recorded them and edited the part of the songs....

this is vaguely related to the topic.........-I bought my tt's without any records, which was very stupid. My friend's dad had 300 and most of them were disco but he was afraid the scratching would damage the records so he didn't gimme all of them at first, he gav eme one record-The doctor exx band "superman and other disco hits"...well i wanted to grab some vocals..i just recorded the vinyls to wav files and edited the part of the songs out....

Back