Got side tracked last year, starting over help with music theory

BeatBassBanger

Been busy the last year getting stuff right, working, life etc. Now I am ready to immerse myself in to producing. I read music theory for dummies twice, took some notes so I have references took look at. The book is dated from the mid/late 2000s. Basically I am asking for good recent books or youtube channel on music theory? Drop some links if you can,advice anything if you thanks appreciate it

I've learnt a lot from Busy Works Beats, a lot of people seem to dislike him though but I think he gives out some really good information on music theory, sound design,...

I got Busyworksbeats on youtube I like him to, why do people seem to dislike him? He's not doing anything different from MrdifferentTV or Hueygatez?

Traditional Western music theory does not change, a book from 2000 is fine; we are not talking about a field which evolves and revises core information every few years.

Is there some specific aspect of music theory that you'd like to get better at?

Yeah, that^. Even modern music theory dates back hundreds of years - it's not like Bach played by other than the very same rules than we're still using today. Of course refinements and standardization has been made since, but still 99% of those more "recent" advances are more like beginning of the last century than the current one :)

Back