FX & Risers - Chiraq Style beat. Help.

joey_python

Hey all, I've been working on this chiraq style beat and I've finally started grasping that sound. I never knew how to appropriately use risers and fx you know, to fill in the beat. Every time I used one it just sounded misplaced and I couldn't get it to blend. Looking for some help. Any pointers on this beat would be nice.

&

Staccato Hits. Any good things in Nexus??? I can't find anything to use for some orchestra hits & they're necessary. Appreciate any help

any suggestion you have if you listen to it i will give it a shot just gonna do some small adjustments and finish arrangement and mix it.

You're gettin' the Chiraq feel down pretty well man, keep working at it. You might have to stretch or shrink the riser to fit the tempo you're in. Typically the riser will sound best if it starts and ends on beat. You seem to know when drum fills feel natural, so next time try throwing a riser on top or something.

As for Staccato Hits, there are a couple good ones in the Hollywood expansion, but other than that try playing around with some orchestra patches and turn down the release knob a little. The spike knob can help give it a nice staccato like punch too.

You're gettin' the Chiraq feel down pretty well man, keep working at it. You might have to stretch or shrink the riser to fit the tempo you're in. Typically the riser will sound best if it starts and ends on beat. You seem to know when drum fills feel natural, so next time try throwing a riser on top or something.

As for Staccato Hits, there are a couple good ones in the Hollywood expansion, but other than that try playing around with some orchestra patches and turn down the release knob a little. The spike knob can help give it a nice staccato like punch too.

Thank you man. NO lie I just DID it. Started listening to Chief Keef about a month ago after I spent from like January to August on EVERYTHING Atlanta just cause my taste drifted towards it. And I started listening to Keef and ****ing loved the catchy brass and synths and I could never make them. and it all clicked in this one. Makes me feel awesome.

Thank you for the tips. I shall do that. I put in a few fx and now i'm gonna make sure they hit well with my rolls n snares.

Good lookin on the staccato too. I need to make them before I get too deep in this arrangement cause i've been playin with it!

Will definitely try that.

Don't be afraid to get some trap soundfonts and throw them in the mix. They sound cheesy on their own but when you've got some nice big sounds off of nexus they sound just right in the mix. Definitely some bread'n'butter for trap instruments.

That brass is out of my Hexloops lex luger kit!!! IT's really cheesy. But I don't have a super good brass vst. I can never vybe enough to nexus brass.

i'm hoping I can thicken it up a it before I consider it finished. I got like 3 instruments for those whistles and 2 for the chords.

Back