fruity loops drums question

bjaco01

ok,
first i want to say i found this site through yahoo and i read through some posts and it seems like this is a helpful community of posters. that said, i have a question about fruity loops...

i am a beginner and i've been playing around with fruity loops for about a week now, and i've pretty much taught myself everything i know how to do but i'm stuck with the drums. I've found that if you open the Fruity DrumSynth Live you can touch keys on your actual typing keyboard and play drums on that. My question is, how do you record what you are playing on it, and also is there a better way of doing this(keying in drums by using your typing keyboard)

Sorry if this has been posted but i didnt see it anywhere

I appreciate any help from anyone here, thanks

Some ways to record drums with DrumSynth Live.

1. Buy yourself a midi keyboard or drum machine hit, record + play and bang away

2. Click to little button next to pattern number at the top of the screen that activates "Typing Keyboard to Piano Keyboard" (ctrl+T). Then your computer keyboard will work like a midi controller

3. Go to piano roll (F7) and just program the drums using the mouse by manually making notes.

also setting the auto quantize drop down to something usefull (like 1/4beat or 1/2 step) will save you much headache.

good luck

Back