Fruity Loops Downfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulja_slimm

I must agree that fruity loops is an amazing program and ive made some really good stuff even with there stock souinds (the sytrus is BEAST when you stack the sounds). But ive noticed one little thing that may push me away from FL. After making smtn really fresh and playing it over and over in FL at the highest volume i jsut cant wait to render and send to my best friend whos an amazing rapper. But when i export it to mp3 the quality is NOT as it is playing in FL. Its not nice and fresh anymore. (doesnt sound like any regular mp3 track). And as more instruments (especially powerful instruments) come into the mix the volumes decreases so the beginning of the track seems louder than the rest. Also the drums feel drowned..when there not (not stock drums by the way)..even 808's for e.g.

so is it just my FL rendering my beats to mp3 cutting the quality / randoming the volume?

maybe its my stock rendering/ exporting settings?

please help, its getting quite annoying :[

when you render the track...don't leave the volume all the way up...turn it down, make sure your instruments are mixed right before you render/export, and you will get that good quality sound you are looking for

^^^^ what he said. just leave the master volume up top at 95-100 and same in the mixer. then try to mix your sounds as best as possible.

if you render to wav.

then use a wav editing program and render to mp3 then open both side by side u will hear the difference mp3 is a lossy format.

try using FLAC

render on a higher quality sync, you get five different quality levels, the worst is the defualt.

kahliljn said:
render on a higher quality sync, you get five different quality levels, the worst is the defualt.
Actually Linear is the lowest quality. Default is 6-point Hermite.

But to the original poster, what you describe is no shortcoming or "downfall" of FL. You're results are dependent on the rendering settings. On top of that you will lose quality by rendering straight to mp3. Experiment with the rendiering settings, render to wav and then when you find the sound/quality that you like convert to mp3. This tread has more info on rendering settings and also a link to more info in the manual: https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=47654119&postcount=7

kahliljn said:
And as more instruments (especially powerful instruments) come into the mix the volumes decreases so the beginning of the track seems louder than the rest.
This is the result of FL use, by default, of Circular Panning law. In the general settings this can be turned off. Look it up in the manual and try mixing a few projects without it to see if it helps.

Last edited:
lee miran said:
Actually Linear is the lowest quality. Default is 6-point Hermite.

But to the original poster, what you describe is no shortcoming or "downfall" of FL. You're results are dependent on the rendering settings. On top of that you will lose quality by rendering straight to mp3. Experiment with the rendiering settings, render to wav and then when you find the sound/quality that you like convert to mp3. This tread has more info on rendering settings and also a link to more info in the manual: https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=47654119&postcount=7

This is the result of FL use, by default, of Circular Panning law. In the general settings this can be turned off. Look it up in the manual and try mixing a few projects without it to see if it helps.

WOW my bad...lol...Oh yeah if your just rendering for listning pleasure theres no difference in quality between wav and mp3...in fact mp3 might even be a bit better if you raise the bitrate levels. On the other hand if you plan on recording or mixing, NEVER use MP3, Wav files are much more compatible with editing audio.

So just increase your sync interpolation rate and you'll get higher quality, regardless of mp3 or wav file.

lee miran said:

kahliljn said:

Why did you quote me on this??????? These are not my words homie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back