Free vst instruments for logic

maxmustprofit

I recently was forced to make the change from FL studio to Logic, (Laptop screen smashed)

now i need a whole new sounds

anyone got an idea where i should start?

appreciate the feedback

Hi! ? What version of Logic are you using? Logic has lots of sound "in the box" and they can sound very good with some tweaking. Logic does not (as far as i know) support VST's but AU's instead. What type of sounds are you looking for?

Unless FL Studio uses a weird format, you should be able to import any 3rd party VST's into Logic no problem. I've never had any issue downloading free or paid VST's or plugins with Logic.

Theirs a lot of great lists online: The 60 Best Free VST Plugins Ever Made | LANDR Blog
I've gotten a few over the years but don't really use anything free anymore. I can't recommend enough that you pick up something like Komplete Ultimate for Massive, FM8, Absynth, Kontakt and Battery (and a whole ton more). But if you do a quick Google search you'll find hundreds of VST's that are free, and i'm sure a lot of them are fantastic. Hard to recommend a specific one without knowing what kind of music you make.

Also if you have the full version of Kontakt I actually have a free Juno-106 sample instrument on my website: FREE Juno-106 Kontakt Instrument

Unless FL Studio uses a weird format, you should be able to import any 3rd party VST's into Logic no problem. I've never had any issue downloading free or paid VST's or plugins with Logic.

Are you 100% sure that they are vst format and not a plugin in bort vst and au? I have never heard of running vst's in Logic without and extention like the one from fxpansion.

Logic Pro 9 User Manual

I would very much like some information on running vst's in Logic if you have some ?

Last edited:
Are you 100% sure that they are vst format and not a plugin in bort vst and au? I have never heard of running vst's in Logic without and extention like the one from fxpansion.

Logic Pro 9 User Manual

I would very much like some information on running vst's in Logic if you have some 

Maybe i'm wrong, but i've never downloaded an instrument and had it not be compatible right away. Maybe i've just gotten lucky over the 10+ years i've been using Logic Pro. I would imagine if this is an issue that 99%+ of all manufacturers export their instruments to be compatible with Logic, which must be the case if i've never run into one.

Back