FL Studio. How To Save Created Sounds Using Layers????

Major Scale

Whats Good FP?

OK, so I sometimes I create new sounds in Fl Studio by using different vst's and using layers. What i'm trying to figure out is how to save those created sounds like a patch or a soundfont or something opposed to saving layer state which in turn brings up all the vst's which uses up CPU. how do i create a single file for that sound which will play across the keyboard?? Hope this makes sense...

There's this plugin called "Patcher". There you'll open a single board, where you can put all your synths and fx, do the routing and all. If I'm not mistaken, you can save this "preset", but it will only affect how things are organized inside it. The sound you create inside the synth need to be saved separately.

This can be great for workflow, but defo won't save any CPU.

yeah, that pretty much sounds the same as saving the Layer state, im looking along the lines of creating a single file soundfont. Thanks for the tip though

yeah, that pretty much sounds the same as saving the Layer state, im looking along the lines of creating a single file soundfont. Thanks for the tip though

You can always rely on Edison, to save the finished sound to a wav file.

You can always rely on Edison, to save the finished sound to a wav file.

could you explain a little further, i tried saving a wav file in the playlist using the root note of C, but when i open the file it does not play across the keyboard, just the same note

Last edited:
Back