Fl studio help

$nate88

Hi ive just started using fl studio im a reason user normaly ive got them rewired and its perfect for what im doing rewire isnt the problem.The problem is when i try to record notes into the playlist like bridges ect.. while the song is playing it records onto the wrong lane does anyone know how to do it i know its probably a easy thing but with me coming from reason im so used to working in that sequencer hope you can help me thanks.

Hi ive just started using fl studio im a reason user normaly ive got them rewired and its perfect for what im doing rewire isnt the problem.The problem is when i try to record notes into the playlist like bridges ect.. while the song is playing it records onto the wrong lane does anyone know how to do it i know its probably a easy thing but with me coming from reason im so used to working in that sequencer hope you can help me thanks.

click VIEW and then STEP SEQUENCER.
now you can see your channels and instruments. pick the instrument you wanna record. if you wanna record in the pattern, set its length (tiny box in the top left of the step sequencer where you can scroll up to add bars/length) and if you wanna record in the playlist, just to the left of the play button, click "song" instead of "patt" and then go VIEW and the PLAYLIST and thats where 'song' records to. it will record whatever instrument/channel you have on your step sequencer thats 'indented' /selected. hope that helps. props for joining the dark side ;)

thanks that did help its just overwhelming at first because unlike reason its very scattered and hard to keep things arranged but ill get used to it thanks again.

Back