FL Studio Clipping

Osciller

Alright, this issue has been bothering me a lot, and it's happening with all of my projects..

I'm getting a clipping noise when none of my sounds are clipping!

I just made a track, with a few different elements (Some brass, bass, kicks, etc..) When all of it is played together I get a clipping sound, if I remove some of them, there is no clipping.

This usually happens with softer sounds, not really distorted ones (Well those already sound clippy anyways, right? Haha)

None of my tracks are clipping, matter of fact, they are all turned down really low! And I'm using a limiter on the master to bring them up, so I can hear them good, but if I turn my speakers up it starts to make clipping noises, when it really shouldn't..

This song I'm working on is kind of 4040'ish .. High end cut out on most tracks, and most of the tracks are compressed..

I'm using Hypersonic and a few other things, right now it's happening when I have the sub bass playing though, it's like too many things are going on at once, but this is literally less than 10 channels :/

It's also not a clicking sound (Like when your laptop overheats, or the cpu usage is high) It's the instruments doing this.

I wish I could explain this better.. It doesn't make any sense.

I can turn songs up hella loud, and they don't distort, but in FL Studio my shit is doing this.. Gaaaah :'(

---------- Post added 09-06-2012 at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-05-2012 at 04:53 PM ----------

Anything? ..

Bump.

Hmmm are you using ASIO4ALL, sounds more like a CPU issue and not actual clipping.

Yes I'm using ASIO, but I'm 100% sure it's not a CPU issue..

This same problem doesn't occur in Cubase.. So maybe it's a software issue? :/

Any advice is appreciated.

how are your speakers connected? You might have a bad wire in the line somewhere and its not FL distorting its the connection.

Take a screenshot of your track in which it's clipping hit f9 put it towards the top hit f10 put it in the center click audio then hit show panel. Let's see what you got buddy. you make neeed to adjust buffering settings..

dunno tho try throwing a soft clipper on the whole track.

if its not clippin it aint clippin he said his cpu is more than capable...im betting on bad wires!

put your money where your mouth is then homeslice ^_^ I ain't taking that bet tho. I'm just trying to find the root of our brothers problem.

he did say it doesnt happen in cubase now that i re read so it may not be but im not sure maybe that was coincidence

DSP latency.... adjust your settings. more samples more latency, but no DSP bottleneck. (or crackling sound)

Last edited:
sounds like DSP overload ( digital signal processing)
Ur probs gonna need more ram and a sound card :/

If it is actual clipping, learn more about compression, export your tracks quiter and normalize after

Back