Finding This Piano Sound

WillKlep

WillKlep
Hi,

I was wondering how to get this sound, through creation on a VST, buying the correct VST, using a real piano and recording it, I'm just in love with it.

It sounds like the piano used in Two Friends' tracks:

Tori Kelly - Expensive (Two Friends Remix): It starts right at the beginning.

It's very emotional, beautiful, and powerful all at the same time, I'd love to use it in my tracks.

Find whatever you can, price, size, cpu usage doesn't matter.

Thank you so much, greatly appreciated.

What do you have so far? Don't think it's a real piano and tbh there's not much difference between the different piano vsts/soundfonts for this kind of music.

It's all in the FX.

Also bear in mind that emotion and beauty mostly come from the notes you play, not what you play them on.

There's a nice sub layer under that piano. At the start it sounds like a lot of vibrato added, almost guitar sounding layer.

My piano of choice is the legendary korg M1.

The piano vsts i have right now are all free ones that don't cut it; FL Keys (I use the most), 4pianos, and piano one.

If I continue to use FL Keys, what FX should I add?

True, so what notes or chords are the best emotionally to play?

Thanks for the help

Put some compressor plugin on your piano and tweak knoobs.This piano you are asking is hard compressed you can hear how full are all notes through out all their length,you can achieve this simple by compression..

Different chords resonate emotionally with different people. We all generally get the same emotion from a chord but which ones people prefer is very relative/subjective. So that question isn't as easy to answer.

If I continue to use FL Keys, what FX should I add?
Compressor (Punch it hard) If you don't know how a compressor works I suggest you spend some time on youtube learning, it's an essential skill for a modern producer
Reverb: Fairly wet and fairly long decay
Hope that makes sense-ask if it doesn't
True, so what notes or chords are the best emotionally to play?
You've just asked a question that almost every musician ever has tried to answer. No way can anyone explain it to you in one post.
The cheaty lazy short answer is the classic progression I-V-VI-IV (look up axis of awesome 4 chords.)

Last edited:
The thing people forget when watching axis of awesome... when singing a song it can be sang in many keys, what matters is it matches the notes played. playing the same piano loop doesn't mean that's the actual notes for that song as recorded.

Last edited:
Back