Fading out delay/echo effect.

gulliwog

As I am sure the following will no doubt make brutally obvious, in I am VERY new to FL10. In my track I am using a stock generator (Sytrus - Arp -Lightspeed3). For the most part its fine but at one point in the track the delay effects clash with another loop and cause a nasty harmonic resonance. I wanted to do a simple fade out from the master mixer or channel setting but it doesnt work.

I think this is because it is the operators/filters that are generating the sound and they are not effected by the volume change until the next actual note is struck. The note is struck on beat1 and even if the master volume is totally faded out by beat2, the filter generated sound is still audiable at normal volume until the end of the bar (the clash is on beat 4)

Given that assigning a free channel in the master mixer and fading the volume from there doesnt fade out the delay effect, I am at a loss to know what to do.

I hope I have managed to explain clearly enough.

If I'm not mistaken, the delay plugin have an option where you can tweak the decay of it, making it shorter or longer. Maybe, you should try de "ping-pong" effect.

Also, on the FX "rack", there's a little knob where you can tweak the ammount of the FX that is applied to the signal. Maybe you could creat an automation clip where this ammount is gradually being taken out of the signal until it reaches 0.

Back