Everything Need To Know To Self-Teach?

B

BADTIGER

Hi all! I'm trying to become a Music Producer x Songwriter & doing my own audio recording/Mixing & Mastering. I am 17 y/o right now to start early, I am wondering, what's all the stuff that I need to know and how to find it to start self teaching? I know I got to learn BPM for genres I want to make, Synthezisers, the Programs(FL Studio 12 & Pro Tools 12 for me), *Technical Side of Music Production*, and Chord Progressions. What Else?

~ Also How do I start off songwriting (only for Hip Hop/Rap), I am thinking of producing 5 Demo tracks for Hip Hop/Rap w/5 demo rap's to go with them to practice. and the 6th be official long-time in the making.

Can anyone give me advice, tips, or useful links/information for starting out? If you want to collab in the future my skype is ensimidy. Insta is badtigerfr or ensimidy. Hit me up on those because it's not letting my use my email, Thanks.

Hey there buddy, first advice i would give you is to try demos of the D.A.W you're thinking you want to use, so you choose the one that fits you best without spending useless money on want you wouldn't like after all.

About learning well.. learning is a never ending process, so start by what attracts you the most (i.e how to make loops and use automations) and every day give yourself a challenge to learn something new, EVERY DAY, that's important, even if you spend only 15 minutes reading some random article on the internet, it'll stick to your brain and you'll slowly get it all before you even realise it!

I started by watching videos on youtube of various guys doing tutorials, and practicing right after what i just learned, if you watch too much videos in a row you probably won't remeber all the information as a newcomer so as soon as you learn something useful and new, open that D.A.W you chose and start practicing and obiously, most important part, have fun along the way :)

Keep us updated, would like to hear what you do in the near-future ;)

One last tip, before you get ''too excited'' about compositions and ideas and all that, make sure to take the time to learn how the program you use work, so you can then take your ideas to the level they diserve to be! If something blocks you along the way, that's a good sign, it means you're learning, and as long as you're learning, you're getting better :)

Ah alright, Thanks bud. Yeah so much to learn already. But Thanks.

I guess you already know this... but it's critical and needs to be said: There is no quick way to get good at music production. It's a long road and you really have to stick with it to reap the results. I'm 2 years in and still nowhere near the level I want to be

Back