eq instruments

jp_2142

Im using Reason and I would like to know how to eq instruments so that they wont collide in the beat. I dont want my instruments fighting each other for space on the beat. For example, my synth trying to over power my brass. Can anybody help me?

Compression and EQ ( although not necessarily in that order )

Lots of thing to do for this one. If things are fighting for space, look at you panning, look at you MIDI data ( do all those notes need to be unison?? ) look at your efx, ( does everything need a stereo reverb? )

Can I cut some 'treble' out of one thing without losing anything?

There's lots to talk about and really, people will be just giving a huge list of things ( mine was just the tip of the ice-berg )

Why not post a clip of your track, no need to post the whole track, just the bit where you are particularly concerned about.

Regards.

jp_2142 said:
Im using Reason and I would like to know how to eq instruments so that they wont collide in the beat. I dont want my instruments fighting each other for space on the beat. For example, my synth trying to over power my brass. Can anybody help me?

its hard to say without hearing the track, but you gotta know what isntruments you want and where in the mix you want them....

Mixing a beat in reasons

Ok I'm kinda new the beat making beats and mixing . I know your suppose to eq , pan , level , and use reverb .But there still some things I'm not sure about . Like what is the correct way to eq a instrument in a mix ? If u have a instrument that stand out in the mid rang ,and thats what you want do u cut all the hi and low Frequency ? and does that go for all the other instruments ?

Back