EQ Filter Help - Serum Filter

mrzooit

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a EQ plugin that can automatically–well, not exactly automatically, but that kind of helps in this aspect– that works like Serum's (and other synthesizers') filter. I'm using Serum as an example because it shows the filter envelope, which make what I mean more clear. What I want is to make the filter dynamic, low-passing without loosing all of the attack. Serum's filter does that, right at the start of the note the cut-off opens a bit, than it lowers. I tried automating the cut-off (using Ableton's EQ and Auto-Filter), but I'm missing something, doesn't sound good. Is there such plugin? And what am I missing, or what should I try to do?

Thanks in advance,
Fred.

I haven't noticed that Serum slightly opens up on the filter whenever you trigger a note, and I'm sure that Steve Duda would have included this on the official Serum tutorial series.
I even add an extra envelope with a 9.6 ms decaytime or so and add it to the filter cutoff to add some light snap.

Anyway, the filter moves depending on how you've assigned it to different parameters, perhaps you've mistaken this for showing a quick automatic filter snap whenever you trigger a new note?

To answer your question however, you could do this by simply automating the cutoff and make a snappy envelope yourself and loop that automation so it matches your progression (not compatible with every DAW though I can imagine).

That exactly what I was talking about. I don't own Serum, so I can't see the routing. Though it's pretty obvious once you said it.

Thanks!

Back