Electronics or Computer Emulators?

D

DJ. Technetium

i got myself a copy of Rebirth... and i must say that that software kicks some serious butt!

i was wondering if that was the right way to go about producing? or if it would be better to go with the real sythns and drum boxes and keyboards?

viryual synths are great and there is no resone to assume that hardware can do more. What you need to watch out for is getting yourself working with only one or the other wich will lead you away from diversity. but if what you have is virtual synths and your computer does not mind them then go for it and keep using them.

Taos

. . .hmm 100's of dollars or 1000's of dollars ?

. . . as far as the sound that you can generate, softsynths are more than capable. In fact some softsynths have been rated indistinguishable from the real deal, i.e. VAZ modular (can't remember where I read the review, so you'll just have to trust me).

-what I would recommend is that you learn everything you can from the soft synths, as far as creating patterns, sequencing, arranging, tone generation, audio editing, etc. before you spend money on electronics.

Back