EDM: Pluck Sounds Different Every Time?!

KennyTroy

Hey guys, I've been more of a reader than a poster on this forum but I've come across an issue with the sound design of this pluck and I can't for the life of me figure it out:

I've created a pluck using a bunch of LFO's, Mod Env's, pitch bends and so forth... the problem I'm having is that if I played four consecutive C5 notes (one each beat let's say) it will sound different (randomized) every time. Sometimes it plays the sound I created it to play, and sometimes it plays this random ass pluck sound that has a different pitch or loudness.

More Info:
- Using Sylenth1
- ADR turned to 0 for both Amp Env A + B
- Sustain is 10.00 (have tried using a lesser value, doesn't help.. switched with Decay too)
- Mod Env A has a decay of 1.84, everything else is just about 0
- Using LFO 1 (pan A) + LFO 2 (pitch AB)
- Misc 1 -> amp env A, volume
- Delay, Reverb, Compression on and assorted values

I have spent about two hours tweaking every known value to see if it helps and I can't figure it out... so i turn to you guys

Thank you!

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the LFO 2 now that I've been messing around a little more.

I had a Pitch AB with a rate of about .20 Hz and a Gain around 7.0 with a Lorenz wave, and as I've changed all these values it seems to be helping

Back