Easiest and fastest way to learn piano

Easiest and fastest way to learn piano? take lessons
Anybody know any good sites that teach you how to play the piano?google.com

Last edited:
The easiest and fastest way is to be born with musical talent. Even then, it takes hours of practice everyday. If you don't have musical talent, guess what, you're gonna have to work twice as hard. That's just the way life is. I've been playing piano since I was five. At least an hour a day (which is practically nothing). Piano was my after school activity, it was my sport, it was my video game. It kinda sucked growing up, but now it's paying dividends.

It's also important to know that learning piano definitely gives you a more solid understanding of theory, but it won't do much if you don't have a good ear... meaning, if you can't use your technique to express your ideas, then it's useless. There are millions of pianists, but very few can compose a decent song.

I was told the rhythmic patterns technique is a good place to start. Any one with experience got any thoughts on that?

start anywhere, what is important is you start. pick up a few "idiots guides" - music theory - music composition - playing the piano - piano chords and play like a beast.

also try recreating songs by ear, i used do that back a few years ago. dont play the keyboard anymore but im starting to get back into it

if you have a midi controller try looking for lessons on you tube and play along, thats what im doing and its really working

There really is no easy or fast way to learn an instrument, but you'll make it easier on yourself by not trying to learn in one day. It shouldn't be like a race or a deadline to meet. Just play casually when your in the mood so it doesn't feel like a job and you'll always enjoy it, and over time you'll get better and better. If you try to make it like a job to practice a set amount of time everyday, odds are you will get sick of having to play everyday instead of enjoying it, which is the most important part.Taking lessons for an hour a week will definitely speed up the learning curve though and get you started on the right track. I suggest take lessons if your really want to learn as fast as possible.

what do you mean, "play piano"? when people say that I break it down into two categories.

A. You want to "parrot" music
B. You want to play from your heart

A. These are often people who were trained in playing piano, they can read and play music off of paper, but with no paper they can't play a thing. They are "parrots", they can play what they see but don't understand it.

B. This is probably what you mean. You can get this by just playing around with the keys until your familiar, learn how to form chords, and play what you feel. No one can teach you how to do that.

...but if you wanted a site, I hear rocketpiano's good http://rocketpiano.com/

Last edited:
looknohands can help you with chords... It will at least allow you to see what notes are being played and hear the sound of them... The best way to do it is to sit down at a piano and listen for yourself. If you have an ear for music then it shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

I'm pretty decent on the keys and I only *really* started trying to learn a few weeks ago. I've just been finding tutorials on how to play songs I like by searching "how to play {artist name here} on piano" on YouTube.

First, however, you'll want to learn the notes and basic chords so you can understand these videos, so first just search for some beginner tutorials.

This method won't teach you how to read or write music, but it will help you get very comfortable with the piano. From there, learning to read music isn't so hard if you just practice every day...and being able to write comes with experience. Learning scales, chord progressions and studying music you like will help you build that skill.

Last edited:
I agree with ^^^^^... Youtube how-to videos have been invaluable. Even though I'm just out of the gate when it comes to composing, I sound like a pro when I learn from these videos and embellish upon them... It also helps you learn to play scales without thinking about it.

But you can't overlook understanding theory. If you don't understand what you're playing then you won't be able to gain much from it. When learning other songs, just make a mental note of what they did to achieve whatever special sound it had.. then you can recall it when you come across a similar situation with your own tracks..

try to practise playing songs that you like along with those boring examples,that's how i got good ( at least for my music )
Another tip is try to use only the 1st joint of your fingers ( play effortlessly,use the least motion that you can withyour playing )

I did a vdoclip of me showing how to practise 1st joint on playing fast lines at my web
L

Back