Ear Training, Recognising notes in a sample ect..

Luminosity

Is there any good sites to learn it from? I need help when adding more to a sample, because I need to figure out what the notes in the sample are before I add a bassline/counter melody, or whatever. I can normally get it eventually, but it takes me a while and isn't always spot on. Can someone point me in the direction of sites to train your ear to recognize these sounds? Would help a lot. Thanks.

The thing you want to learn is called solfege. But be aware of this, it needs ALOT and ALOT of work to master this technique.

here's the website
solfege.org

Is the song sad or happy?
if happy = major
if sad = minor
from that you can use the old fashion scales to find it easier, most common scale is c major, used in ALOT of music.
learn the sound of the notes in c major for exampel, easiest way to learn what you want is to play piano alot, just flip around, watch youtube tutorial videos. music teori helps you to understand how a song if build, and what pattern it mostly follows= easier to pick out notes

also you should learn about octaves, if you wanna be able to pick out single notes easier

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Is the song sad or happy?
if happy = major
if sad = minor
from that you can use the old fashion scales to find it easier, most common scale is c major, used in ALOT of music.
learn the sound of the notes in c major for exampel, easiest way to learn what you want is to play piano alot, just flip around, watch youtube tutorial videos. music teori helps you to understand how a song if build, and what pattern it mostly follows= easier to pick out notes

also you should learn about octaves, if you wanna be able to pick out single notes

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

solfege seems to be a bit overkill, i cant post links yet, but theres some good easy-to- understand on youtube

this is a sampling question. Is there any way to tell what key a song is being played in besides by ear? So that i can then add notes in the same scale to the sample?

you could maybe use something like melodyne or autotune to work out the pitch but working from your ear will provide more consistent results once you have it trained properly......

By ear is the only way or find the notes on the web :) but its worth learning, took me like 3-4 months to be able to Do that, eveybodys diffrent, some are born with it, others have to train, most important is to understand How Music is written with a Piano

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

But if you master it, theres no point for you to sample at all, just play your own music :)

if i really want to know what key a sample is in or which note(s) are being played, i just throw a spectrum analyzer on and check the note of the biggest peak. or sometimes i'll use a strobe tuning app on my phone. first method is usually better, though

if i really want to know what key a sample is in or which note(s) are being played, i just throw a spectrum analyzer on and check the note of the biggest peak. or sometimes i'll use a strobe tuning app on my phone. first method is usually better, though

That sounds helpful. Do you know any good Spectrum Analyzer VSTs?

Also, how do you tell what note it is based on the frequency?

Back