E.S. Posthumus

I really really REALLY like their stuff, lol. Ofcourse Nara got me hooked but their other tracks are amazing too. I can't wait for their new CD (I hear its coming out soon)

What I like is the fusion of classical and electronic elements. I believe this genre is called neoclassical, right?

BTW does anyone know any artist similer to ES in terms of the genre of style of music?

well I read somewhere that they were working on a new CD (or mabe its just my imagination, lol)

Besides working on unearthed they also did side projects...

"Meanwhile, the elusive Vonlichtens remain perennially mysterious and in demand; they have composed new theme music for the NFL on CBS titled “Posthumus Zone”, the new theme to the U.S. Open on CBS titled “Center Court” and more."

I think I read some where that their new cd my released in 2006. It might just be mere speculation, so dont gets your hopes up. But I think its a matter "when" they release their next CD not "if".

I found the link which talks about the second CD...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.S._Posthumus

"E.S. Posthumus is a musical group that produces a unique type of music. It is, more or less, a form of epic classical with intertwined drum beats.

Their first album, Unearthed, was created in 2001 in accompany under the label Wigshop Records. E.S. Posthumus is Wigshop Records' only group that has produced under their label at this time (July 2004).

E.S. Posthumus also composed the song "Posthumus Zone" for the CBS Sports TV programs The NFL Today and The NFL on CBS. This song will be included on their second CD release, currently scheduled for 2006."

However ES did re-release Unearthed in 2005, perhaps the article is talking about the re-release of Unearthed when it refers to the "second CD release, currently scheduled for 2006." Since the
article was written prior to 2005.

Hopefully the second CD is a new album and will be released in 2006. :D

Back