dynamics

D

dankness

my question is how to make the beat come alive. EQ? please help with how to get a sense of depth within my music tracks

thanks

RP

Soundclick, Acidplanet, Garageband... there's loads of ways to put your tracks up.

Try using Google.

Making your beats 'come alive' is an issue that can't be answered like this.

Unfortunately, there's no button to press to make a mix come alive.

dankness said:
my question is how to make the beat come alive. EQ? please help with how to get a sense of depth within my music tracks

thanks

RP

you might be overcompressingyour mix..or maybe you need to leave more space in your mix...experiment with panning and maybe panning automation

also, filter and EQ sweeps can give a "moving" effect..

My general experince, after having made a beat. I wanna utilize a wide range of the sound spectrum by panning, sterio, reverb to add a sense of distance on certain instruments and eqing. And yes over compression does kill the vibe in beats and makes them sound closed in. Be careful also not to use a master reverb on all the tracks cause if not carefull, beats can sound very unrealistic. That also depends on the genre of music. I know that hip hop and rnb usually sound great when snares are slightly reverbed and kicks kept dry. Rock usually sound great with a reverbed kick. Good luck!

Back