Drums structure.

def def def

God bless, homosapiens.

I have two pieces View attachment 2.mp3 & View attachment 1.mp3 cut from some murder tracks and this drums makes me come to dancefloor and doing my abstract bboy job. So, as far as noob producer I want to create something like this.
In case of james brown break, I understand structure of it.
James Brown DRUM LESSON "The Funky Drummer" - YouTube - this video show how it goes.

But when comes to this two [attached] pieces, I dont hear and realise what by that going.
How we can write structure of this two breaks?
Something like text pattern 'kick-kick-kick-sn-sn...' will be acceptable lol ).

Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome. Same thing I ask myself for like forever. So I found a soulmate :)

I guess pretty much of it is sampled out of some old funk-breaks, but I'm sure you can do same stuff with midi too. Because all this new Pro Era/Joey Bada$$ producers doing the same. I guess pretty much Is getting the right samples that sound very low-fi and some noise/distortion. Then i think every hihat sounds a little bit different.. But I am not sure. Then: What helped me a lot: play the drums live on your Pads or Keyboard. I could never do that because Of latency in ableton. You need to set your sample size to less then 256 Samples to get no-latency to play live.

Then => a lot of practise. But for now nobody in this forum could give me a right answer to achieve this drums and for me I didnt figure it out. Its like surfing I guess, you can take 20 hours of practise and watching videos but you'll never get the big wave. maybe it will took us forever to get our drums like this or maybe this skill is reserved to the big drummers. I dont know. I dont think anybody wo can do this will never visit a forum like this because he simply doesnt have to.

Back