drums in j.holiday's bed and ciara's promise

MiltownDluck

Sounds like the same producer made these beats the drums and percussion sound alike my question is does andyone know how to create/mimic that drum sound?

nah polow did promise, and carlos mckinney ( I THINK?) did bed. Both songs fire

i dunno about tryna mimic bed, but tryna mimic promise.woow lol good luck wit that 1. your a bad dude if u can mimic polow drums. He got some of the hardest drums in the industry in my opinion. trust me theres more too it than just reverb. btw anyone know whose his engineer?

Layer some tablas, ubu's, just get some ethnic drum layered with normal drums, and make them hit hard but soft. Also if youi notice, the snaress used in both songs, aren't really "snares", they're more like disorted kick drums with a liquid effect. Liste again and you know what I mean.

I honestly believe Timbaland has the hardest drums. I believe Carlos is associaed with Timbaland and the the Mosley Group, I think this would explain the Timbo flavor he has on this track.

You can tell they both layered their snares. Sounds like they added a slight delay to one of the layers and filtered/reverbed the heck out of the entire drum track. Perhaps they applied a rez filter before they added the reverb.

Back