drums drums drums

D

donaldbird05

just wondering where you guys have bought drums / percussion samples from, im always more than skeptical of buying sounds from companies or ppl unless i can hear them before hand. any companies you recommend?

thanks for the info

I normally make my own kits from drum breaks ... but PM me and I'll give you a good source worth the price. I'd post a link but I don't want every noob beat-maker on FP using the same shyt..lol ahhah anyway... start of with quality breaks ... they'll let you know what real drums are supposed to sound like ... ... but chea PM me.

Free Sample are everywhere on the net and you can usually preview them. Just Google it. If you wanna buy sum..You cant go wrong with Sony's Samples. They have everything you could want and they are very high quality.

You want to start off with a bread and butter drum kit ... one that has hard kicks and snares ... and also soft ones for layering purposes. Ya drums are important and you need to make sure you don't get whack shyts online because there are plenty of those ... listen to quality breaks and that will show you what real drums sound like (reiterated) ..

Ask the dude who started this thread what real drums sound like now..lol

ntukza said:
What is a break and how do you make your own kit from them?

A break is a part in a song where the drummer has a solo (all that's playing is the drums).

You have to cut the solo from the song and chop the individual parts from it, like kick, snare etc.

i've bought drum samples from many different places. i've been disappointed by most. chopping from vinyl is your best option.

the best i've found from sites though were from Cartel Entertainment. Those are about the only ones I either haven't been disappointed with, or I ended up only finding a few usable ones.

Back