drums?

drought

where do producers like lex luger, young chop, or dr dre, kanye west or any top music producer get there drums sounds?

same place as the rest of us - sample packs, sampling our own from drumkits and recordings, drum machines and drum machine like sw and vsts

Yea I was going through some samples on my computer and came across the same kick j cole used in "power trip" its a dope kick

As lame as it might sound, I know that every major studio has guys that take care of the gear and make sure that all the software and sounds are as unique as possible. Just like they have guys mastering the finished recording. So, even if they are getting their drums the same way we do, they get the freshest and dopest sounds first. Just my opinion...I don't think that Dr. Dre spends his Sunday morning like me, going through websites using his paypal account and hoping he will find some fresh and nice sounds.

Also i got a another question, do ppl who make hiphop and pop music just take a drum loop they find or buy on the internet and just use that but also add some other drums on top of it like another kick or snare in it? is this considered corny or cheap to do, and do ppl do this?

Also i got a another question, do ppl who make hiphop and pop music just take a drum loop they find or buy on the internet and just use that but also add some other drums on top of it like another kick or snare in it? is this considered corny or cheap to do, and do ppl do this?
the origins of rap came from finding drum loops on records and using those as loops. And lots of current hit records use loops as well. Hit Boy has done it a little bit. Kanye West has done it a lot. Pharell has done it so over all I would say no. Go look up Ashley's Roach Clip, Funky Drummer, Cold Sweat, Amen Brother, and one of my personal favorite breaks Big Beat on YouTube and you will hear a lot of classic hip hop records.

Of course people do it. If the drums arn't tight the beat ain't right. Dont just chop stuff up for the sake of what other people do, you wouldnt let another man touch ur wife or girlfriend would you? I treat music the same way im the creator im the mother ****er thats pounding that shit not you type attitude. You gotta **** the music not let the music **** you. Word is born lol

I buy mine from producers who's drum sounds I like already. I will go to their page and usually they have them for sale. All the big producers want to sell their drum kits and the drums come ready and hard hitting. Most of the time there is no mixing involved.

You may hear something from someone else and it inspires you to create a sound of your own. But don't go copy paste some sound another uses. That's just "cookie cutter" and un-original.
BE ORIGINAL. Sift through sounds on your own til you find something that strikes you.
If you are struggling to find a sound digging, MAKE the sound.
It would be more creative to imitate a snare by tapping a spoon on a metal bowl and recording with a mic, rather than stealing some snare off (producer's name) drum pack distributed to the masses online.

the origins of rap came from finding drum loops on records and using those as loops. And lots of current hit records use loops as well. Hit Boy has done it a little bit. Kanye West has done it a lot. Pharell has done it so over all I would say no. Go look up Ashley's Roach Clip, Funky Drummer, Cold Sweat, Amen Brother, and one of my personal favorite breaks Big Beat on YouTube and you will hear a lot of classic hip hop records.

ok thank you for answering. But would kanye and pharrell just literally take the drum loop and add nothing to it and use it as there drum pattern? Also can u chop up the kicks and snares and hihat sounds of the loop and then layer the drum loop with the sounds you just chopped up to add more movement to the track or do ppl add different sounds to layer the drum loop with.(like a deeper kick etc?

Back