Drum Sound

shanchu

Hey Guys

These drums sound really boomy and upclose, Samples I think? what kind of eqing and comping could maybe get something similar?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Also a combination of kits-- big, round bass drum (close-miked maybe with pillow inside); not sure if it's from the same sample that has the close-miked/small room single-headed concert toms (a 1970's staple sound), plus a layered snare drum (might be some combination of real snare with heavy electronic + slap-stick type sample for that "Kack" sound). It's hard to tell if the original snare in the groove sample is wood or metal, but I'm leaning towards wood. Add some hi-EQ/hi-pass reverb to taste (snare primarily; not on bass drum).

GJ

PS-- The low-pass muted drum sound at the beginning is from the original guitar sample loop/flip, which sounds to me like an instrumental arrangement or the solo section from a version of "House of the Rising Sun." I looked for it online; definitely close but not The Animals version... sounds familiar though.

As to getting close to straight-ahead 1970's drum sounds, I'd start with something like David Crigger's original Drum Drops LP's, if you can find them.

Last edited:
sounds more like "Shanana Shanana hey hey goodbye" but slow version (the end cadence is wrong for Rising Sun)

Back