drum loops of drums that sound similar to Drake, DJ Mustard, etc

CowboyClyde

Hey all,

A friend of mine is looking for drum loop libraries that have beats similar to DJ mustard or Drake, etc etc.
I could only help him find samples but where would be a place to find actual loops that are similar to that style?

Thanks

Buy loop cd's... some music mags come with free loop cd's... but using readymade loops is the easy way out.
Hiphop drums are usually bog-standard samples, but mixed really well (quality you likely can't achieve at home without professional mastering). They probably just use NI Battery factory kit or something.

It's probably much more useful to learn how to make your own drums and treat them to get any sound you like from them. I find that sample packs and presets become a crutch and once I learned to make and process my own drums it opened up a world of possibilities. Trying to turn a bit of static into a proper sounding snare drums is where you really start to learn the alchemy of a good beat.

I agree with most of what you're saying.
My friend scores movies and is less about making everything from scratch and would rather just have libraries with certain ideas that sound close to what he needs.

Then really your only other option is to go find a construction kit that says drake that might have 4 whole songs in it which is only 4 drum loops and there usually the wackiest drum loops really basic......or you could just do it urself

Back