Dr Dre Bass

T

the king

Hey

Does anyone know the name of the bass Dre uses in Buried by 2Pac. I'll post a clip for people who never heard it.

Thanx

You can use a sine and sawtooth wave and lower pitches till it has that bass feeling and run it through a filter with a moderate amount of attack and an even lower decay cut...

Hell yeah, Mr. Shadow is the man. "Mr. Shadow's comin to get ya, better believe he won't forget ya..."

Actually that is a remix of a track called "Only Fear Of Death". It's unofficial and probably not even produced by Dre, unless of course it's a blend.

Where did u hear that was produced by dre ?
The other versions better,
Anway that sounds like minimoog bass to me.

peeeece

I wasn't sure if it was produced by Dre however it was included in teh title when I got it so I thought it was. I heard it was included in a movie's soundtrack though, can't remember which movie though. But Dre does use this kind of bass because I have heard it before too. I'm still kinda having trouble gettin it. I still have to try that sine/saw wave trick though. Thanx for the ideas guyz.

Also, does anyone know if I'll be able to find this type of bass on Trilogy because I'm pretty close from purchasing that program.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read an interview, (I cant remember with who but I think maybe it was Daz,) back in the day where he said Dre used a vintage synth called a Rogue alot, and a Minimoog. But that bass there is a pretty simple one to do on just about any analog or va synth.

Remember its all about the skill , you can make the cheapest soundin **** sound funkin ill , its all about creativity.

MaD LuV

PEeeeeece

Back