dont start always from zero

Hi there, its a tip i want to share its simple one but it changes the work flow

You dont always have to always start from zero
If you already have made like 3x really good kicks , you dont need to waste more time, stick with those
I have here
808 kick for trap,
A kick for boom bap, hip hop
And a kick for dance music,

So I dont need to make another 808 kick from zero becaus i already madenit before, and when i start a new project, i am one step forward

I have my long reverbs, short reberbs, That i use

This is really important because you start to focus more on composing instead of sound design effects and all that , and your music will sound much better, because you compose better

Hi there, its a tip i want to share its simple one but it changes the work flow

You dont always have to always start from zero
If you already have made like 3x really good kicks , you dont need to waste more time, stick with those
I have here
808 kick for trap,
A kick for boom bap, hip hop
And a kick for dance music,

So I dont need to make another 808 kick from zero becaus i already madenit before, and when i start a new project, i am one step forward

I have my long reverbs, short reberbs, That i use

This is really important because you start to focus more on composing instead of sound design effects and all that , and your music will sound much better, because you compose better
Good tip!

It's called creating/saving templates, I've done this in my DAW too quite heavily - sidechaining all mixertracks, adding everything I know I'll use and so on, as well as setting the look in the DAW that I like. You can even buy templates.

I save everything

I even save my eq tricks
I even have saved all the eq tricks of the fl studio projects
i dont need to think everytime i make a beat how am i going to eq my hats
I have hats that i use, and the templates i work with them

Now different sounds may need different levels of boosts and cuts, i make sure about that but there is no extreme difference from one hat to another they all focus on those really high frequencies,

Be careful with the EQ part.
No problem with saving EQ presets in a template, but if you just tweak it once and then leave it and only do minor adjustment the results may get bad.
Some hihats need drastic cuts and such due to ringing resonances in the highend, and some tend to lack a lot on the 1-12 kHz region. Just 2 examples.

The best EQ moves comes when you listen to the sound raw, and then give the sound what it needs in context with the track as a whole.
Even if you use the same hihat in 2 different songs the EQ moves may need to be completely different from eachother to make the hihats (and other sounds) sound as good as possible with the track as different songs feature different compositions and sound selections, so the hihats need to compete in different ways because of this.

Yeah i try to make sure about that, from my taste i like my drums to sound somehow like " the same drum set " and they should be knocking good enogh, thats how i love it

As said - it's good to have a solid template for basic stuff, but don't over-design it. Easy enough to have everything a bit too comfortable so that you've painted yourself in a corner - creatively - before you've even started.

I make templates for the low level stuff like quantize settings and daw layout but everything else stays blank when it comes to that.
Easier when it's a blank slate.

A problem is thst music is not going to be good enough just because you have the best possible sounds, wich some of us could be searching for

I remember a song of timbaland - carry out , the way he plays those cymbals or whatsoever those sounds are, its impressive, but if i would have like same sounds before that, i would not really feel like using them,

So its too much important on how you play, and the idea of the song , that is something to focus on instead of wasting time designing houndreds of kicks, snares, bass, and all that , which could be cool sounds but may lead to nowhere

So when i say, stick with those sounds, those good tricks you got there and saved i dont really mean to stop working, i simply mean focus a little more on music, compose better

Back