dont know why my song after export is making a gradual high pitch noise

rasol

hopfully someone can help me out here. ive been having problems with exporting and my songs coming out funky recently. i use a steinburg 22 audio interface and when im not i use the aiso drivers. heres the song:

The high pitch noise sounds like it's part of the sample (or synth) that you used. Try muting that part of the song and then exporting to see if it still exists.

It's been a while since I've messed with cuebase but I'd suggest that you try what Excio said. If that doesn't work, check your export configurations and try again. It sounds to me like that sound might be coming from a send channel reverb and I've had trouble with reverb and other 3rd party plugins in the past with cusbase. So you may want to check all your reverbs, delays and automation settings also and try disabling a few until you find the culprit.

yep you (and I and everyone else) are hearing what mastering engineers call space monkeys and gurgles - phase modulation and distortion of the upper mids and highs in mp3 and other lossy audio format files

whilst soundcloud claims that their transcoding does not additional artefacts to the files, my ears and experience tell me otherwise

so

export/bounce to wav only

upload to soundcloud as wav

then compare the soundcloud stream to what you exported

Last edited:
Sounds like a resonant filter feeding back. Most likely from a delay (if this is the case). Check that you don't have a delay effect with high feedback (or a high resonance on a built in filter in the delay.

Sounds like a resonant filter feeding back. Most likely from a delay (if this is the case). Check that you don't have a delay effect with high feedback (or a high resonance on a built in filter in the delay.

this could be true if it was present inside the daw as well but given that the op states the high pitched whistle is only heard in the exported/bounced version of the track, it suggests conversion errors/artefacts when moving from source format to any lossy compression format such as mp3, aac, mp4a, etc

Hmm... maybe... It's just so obvious (as in loud)......... I've never heard anything like it before if it's artifacts (after over 15 years of DAW use across multiple platforms)!

I've had similar quirks with resonance before where it's different in a bounce to what i heard - if I remember correctly (years ago) it was psp's lexicon 82 (great plug though) that was ringing weird in bounces so it's possible it could still be a quirky plugin screwing up....

Another thought - Is it possible that it's a "demo mode" thing on a plug?

Let us know if you solve it.......

Back