does "March Madness" by Future have a kick drum at all?

InMyShoes

Hi everyone — new to the forum. I've been producing for about a year — nothing that I am ready to put out, though: mostly I've just been making songs that I have no intention on putting out, just to practice and get the hang of producing music well.

I've become pretty good with getting my kick drum sounds, and while my work with bass sounds is a work in progress (mostly because I don't have access yet to any analog synths/a good virtual bass instrument) I'm getting better little by little with that too.

Anyways—I was listening to "March Madness" earlier today in the car and it sounds like there isn't actually a kick drum in there at all, and instead the bass is packing this big punch that is sort of mimicking the sound of a kick. Any idea what kind of bass they were using on that/how they got it to punch like the way it does?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!!!!

Its really hard to distinguish, but it's a mix characteristic, it works. My guess is its a slightly enveloped 808/bass layered with a small thuddy kick. Could very well be an 808 bass by itself enveloped w/ a thick adsr setting.

Back