Does Fruity Loops (FL Studio) Output Professional Quality

J

JaseyJas

First things first,
Im not talking about your opinion on the plugins, sounds, or the software as a whole.

Lets say you record something through pro tools, and then bring it into fruity loops to sequence. Do you loose quality? I have heard some people say you do, but Its just a sequencer, so i am not too sure of that...

Anyone know?

u dont lose quality.. just myths cause pros here novices on fl7 and jump to the conclusion that the sound is wack based on the novice usin thin sounds

donny said:
You only lose quality if you export to mp3.

Right. I didnt think sequencing lost any. Thank you for the reply.

DonVincent said:
u dont lose quality.. just myths cause pros here novices on fl7 and jump to the conclusion that the sound is wack based on the novice usin thin sounds

Yeah, I hear ya. I personally prefer the FL sequencer. I use midi modules for my sounds (motif, v synth, etc, ad just FL to sequence.) I say.. use what your comfortable with... unless it looses quality. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say you won't loose quality especially if you don't use VST effects on it. Howewer, "export" won't give you the best mix but that's another thing.

FL is the best for me. The ONLY thing I miss from FL is that you can't groove quantize the grids but that's all.

Anything about FL having bad quality is a myth.
Straight said:
The ONLY thing I miss from FL is that you can't groove quantize the grids but that's all.
Doesn't it? In Pianoroll you can load different quantization presets with different rhythms.

yo what up fam?? peep my track Makin' Hitz on my myspace i did that completey on loops exported the completed track on there (FL)

Crank Dat (Supaman) = FL Studio

Yes. lol.

Basically, if you can remake a track that was made by a multi-million dollar producer, then yes it can. I've remade Timbaland's hit, Party Like a Rockstar, Elliott Yamin, Soulja Boy, and I'm working on Yung Joc (too lazy to finish it)

[Shizo] said:
Anything about FL having bad quality is a myth.

Doesn't it? In Pianoroll you can load different quantization presets with different rhythms.

you can load groove quantize, but you can't snap your notes to a quantized grid. That means if you put a new note you have to quantize again. But that's not a big problem .

DJ_Mc7 said:
Crank Dat (Supaman) = FL Studio

Yes. lol.

Basically, if you can remake a track that was made by a multi-million dollar producer, then yes it can. I've remade Timbaland's hit, Party Like a Rockstar, Elliott Yamin, Soulja Boy, and I'm working on Yung Joc (too lazy to finish it)

Lets hear your elliot yamin wait for you?? and Party like a rockstar, post that if you can.

youtube.com /watch?v=wyXn0Cxd7lY
That's my Elliott Yamin. It's not the exact same drums because I didn't like the original drums so I put my own in there.

My Party Like A Rockstar isn't quite "there" yet because I can't find a good guitar sound to put in there.

But...I'm now remaking 2 Step REMIX but the closest thing I can get to that sound in the chorus is a koto lol.

the whole output quality depends on how you're exporting. FL sounds great if you bounce at max sinc depth with 32bit depth.

Just like any other program if you dont understand it you wont get the best quality out of it...

Yeah... I see a lot of dudes on here exporting to mp3 and not even understanding that mp3 is a compressed file format, or what that even means... So how can they be expected to understand that they should be rendering at higher quality interpolations, even though it's covered in the manual... but nobody wants to read anymore.

When I render Mp3s in FL Studio I make them 320kbps. Yes it's an Mp3 and yes it's compressed. But how many *average* people can tell a difference (between 320 and 1400 uncompressed)? 1 out of 5.

Anyways... here's my Party Like A Rockstar: tinyurl.com/33rzvv

Last edited:
That's not the point. Mp3's, when encoded correctly, are an excellent delivery format for the internet because of their relatively small filesize.

In you own words, there is a difference between a compressed and uncompressed file, even if it is not easily discernable....so...if you are going to be doing post production in some other program, or burning to CD, or taking it into the studio, etc... there is no reason not to save your files in the highest quality format that you possibly can.

And the kind of people I referred to above are probably converting to 160kbps or less, because they don't know any better.

Last edited:
Back