Does Anyone like to program Jungle Sequences?

i-clan

Yeah ? How do you generally go about it?
I'm better at pads, funky basslines, guitar, vocal drops, fx, filter sweeeps...basically anything that's not drum sequencing. I mean, i been doing it for a while, on Pro Tools, Cubase, Rebirth, a little yamaha QY-70, using drum samples on my A3000, using the drum sounds on my Nord2, and using drum loops. Funky-ish stuff, okay sometimes.
But haven't found a way to do ultra schmick funky jungle programming.
Has anyone else?

I like to keep the drums real simple, but do lots of stuff with the cymbals. But alot of the stuff out there is based off of old breakbeat samples. Alot of jungle music is based off the amen break, from a song by the Winstons called "Amen!" or "Amen Brother!" (I've heard both titles used for the same song). Just download the amen break and chop up the 1st and/or 3rd measure into quarter or eigth notes (depending on how complicated you want to get) and re-arrange it. I like to use sonic foundry's Acid for this, cause its easy for me to isolate the part of the sample I want and arrange it to my liking. I've also never used a hardware sampler before, so I don't know if its any easier.

so we're talking chopping bits out of breakbeat or jungle loops that already exist, and then 're-audio-sequencing' them into our own groove eh? Groovy.
I am still interested in getting individual sounds and doing fast intricate stuff with hats and cymbals over the top using midi sequencing...i gues just slow the metronome, play it then say it with a faster metronome.

Back