Does anyone know how I can make sounds like this one.

The Derps

Does anyone know how can I make or where can I find sounds like the ones in the drop?Preferably for sylenth and massive.

You mean the supersaws at 2:20? There are countless tutorials on it and there's at least one in each house/edm oriented presetbank. Just go to YouTube and search for supersaw, hypersaw, polysaw, or just saw-synth.

But to get it that aggressive yet nice and clean:
- Don't rely too much on a heavy unison detune, or you'll end up with an amateurish harsh swirl in your sound.
Go with a moderate and smooth detune, and let the aggression come from other things.
If you however feel you still need to go with a heavy detune, then I'd recommend you to use a lot of unison voices (we're talking about 12-16 voices rather than the standard 6-8). Though I'm not sure how good that many voices would translate to a monophonic lead.
- Add a light and very fast pitch-LFO, as fast as you can get it. Just a little, and it will make the sound more rough. If you end up with a cheap swirly sound instead, that could mean that you can't have a fast enough LFO-speed.
For the Massive-synth, just use the vibrato, and maximize the rate, then set the level knob to perhaps 8 or 9 o'clock.
- Add a very fast volume LFO or tremolo, maximize the speed, then just blend in the LFO mix a hint (be gentle), this can also make it more rough.
You can also use ring-modulation to mimic a fast tremolo, and then it will be keytracked, meaning the result can get smoother if it got a little out of control using LFO's.
- Try using more white noise than you first think may be needed, the synth in your example is drenched in it.
- Use light distortion in several stages.

Then in the effects chain they seem to have added compression after the reverb, making the reverb swell up after synth notes are released.

Back