Does anyone know anything about the Yamaha DJXIIB? (more)

D

dj funkifize

I was at GC today and I saw this, and was playing w/ it for a bit. It seems to be essentially a fancy beat box. But I don't know all the features. Like can you program your own beats? can you put in your own samples? Is it good?
I was wondering if anybody knew any more about it? I would especially like to hear from anyone who owns it.
thanks

DJX...

I just returned mine tonight. I had it for about a month and it is extremely limited in what you can do with it. I am getting my tables later this month and the guy at GC told me that it would be best to return it and buy vinyl with that money. Also, that the DJX was "just a toy." He is right. You can't sample your own stuff...its not really worth it, although its fun for the first 30 minutes you play on it.
Peace
Marcus

booo... man, it seemed so cool in the store.
oh, well... thanks for the info. now I won't go wastin' my money.
dj funkifize

I've got one, and it conmpliments my setup nicley, but buy itself it would suck di*k

really??
like how do you use it with your setup? just for scratching? what are it's full capabilities?
if you can actually use it seriously and not "just as a toy". I might consider getting one.
thanks
-Mike

i used it and it was fun after a while.....some of the beats on it are dope and some effects are stupid.........maybe it'd be better with a whole set.....i dunno....

Well I only really use it for scratching. It has a few cool sounds on it (eg "i am your DJ") which can be cool, but mostly for scratching. Evrything else on it is basicly a gimmic, and can get boring. Oh yeah, one other usefull thing on it is that it automaticly puts its loops in sync with an external cd player, wich can be cool. I would recomend it it you find scratching hard, or you have a bit of money to spend (but by no means wast).
All the best, and gimme another buzz if ya need to.

agreed. played with it in Sam Ash music, this is simply ANOTHER TOY GIMMICK meant to cash in on the recent mainstream "coolness" of being a dj. Simply a children's toy.

Back