Do You Ever Use Loops? !poll!

Do you ever use loops to create your music??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is.. Hip Hop IMO is very eliteist and hypocritical at the same time, you can take a song someone else made and owns and use it how you like, that's generally acceptable in the great scheme of things but if you buy a lopp CD or something and use a flute loop (for example) that you own and legally have the right to use its frowned upon, like the Polow situations. Even using some presets and drum sounds

But yeah I've used loops, loops taken from records and loops from a sample CD. Moreso from records.

^^^^
Cosign. Sometimes I find a nice loop and chop it, or just straight out use it like it is. At the end of the day all that matters is that the track is hot.

i use them when i want to test out a quick kick & bass sample or how a break would fit in a song before i go to create my own. otherwise i create everything from scratch

Last edited:
Using loops is no different or worst than sampling. In fact it might be a little "better" if the loops are royalty free. I think alot of people are elitists & want to feel that b/c they put more work into their product it's somehow better no matter what anyone else says or the quality of the finished product.

In short, there's nothing wrong w/ loops, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or is using loops in electronica a little more "acceptable"? (if that's even the right word for it)

Every single big scale house producer uses loops. I read a post on another forum that explained that most electro house is at 128 bpm simply because most of the loops they use are at that bpm. (freemasons said that)

i think its completely tasteless and results in one thing, way crappier music by quantity.

Ive never used a loop as far as like a preset on a program or something,but Ill loop up a sample,thats about it.

Last edited:
...sometimes i put a drum loop in one of my instrumentals to preview what it might sound like after I add my own drums..i take it out after I get an idea...

I like to use loops, though never in their original form. I generally have two or three different programs open on my computer at any given time when I'm putting together the pieces of a song so I can bounce between editing and composing and sequencing. When I'm editing the hell out of a loop whether it be mine or somebody elses it always helps spark creativity that may help me get elsewhere in a song.

i use loops but i always tweak them to how i want em so yeah

Using loops, such as logics loop browser, can be a treat if you have, for example, a nice drum pattern layed out, and you can use another drum loop on top or under that loop to add another character, or another dynamic to your drums.

I find that sometimes a nice simple loop can really dial in the rythhm of the drums you were looking for..

If the loops are eq'd filtere modulated and used creativly for the good of a piece of music then we are good to go.

But using some thin cold drum loop, with a corny synth loop and a cheesy string loop, that aint the shyt.

I like using percussion loops and drum loops that I add on to.

sometimes i just loop my own drums. i dont mind using a loop, but its minimal. it seems like no skill is involved when everything is a loop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back