Do You Ever Use Loops? !poll!

Do you ever use loops to create your music??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never....call me old fashioned but I dont even use sequencing, quantizing or any other form of loopz I do use my arpeggiator .....I do record my drum machine on my Fantom into my computer though...so I guess that is looped :)well sequenced anyway

I've never been inclined to use a preset loop. but if i come across a break that's too good to pass up, i may sample it and put it in my archives for future use.

I used loops when I was just starting out because it made me feel like I was making a better song by myself. Since I learned how to better make music I don't ever use loops.

i'm gonna keep an eye on this post. I never was a looper. Scared to sample. I started off sampling but my mama who doesn't even know music knew that sampling was gonna be a hassle if i wanted to make beats.

she always said "boy you can't steal r kelly/keith sweat/etc.'s song and call it yours"

thanks mom lol

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Why would a person make a loop for someone else to use? if they can make your loop a hit, hell you make your own loop a hit

Using loops is no different than using samples in my book. If something sounds good just go with it. I will say I never use drum loops!

Preset loops are for those who aren't creative. Why would anyone loop presets knowing that a million other ppl is doing the same shit and have access to the same ones you have? They even put it in a nice little organized folder for you, how lazy is that smh.

There's a difference if you chop it up beyond recognition though, which I doubt most ppl do.

I use my own loops. Meaning that when I create a hot drum track or phrase I will sample it and add to the library. Then it may be hotter with another idea I may work on.

Loops are becoming more and more popular! I make ALL my own beats! but sometimes use loops for certain sounds and they always end up sounding different anyway? they just help?

I also have the mentality of creating a beat that's 100% original (or chopping and/or changing sample beyond recognition)

Also, I make beats to sell them.

In a particular beat I found a really dope trumpet loop that fit perfect. This time however I could NOT create the loop. So I have to keep it in. FEELS BAD MANG :(

I used one once. I just loved it so I made a track around it.

I think the only concern I have with them is that if you use them for everything your production skills are probably not as good as someone who doesn't and you may not be as good as you think you would without a loop.

I voted no but I dont think theres a problem with it, some peoples chopped loops have amazed and inspired me (listen to squarepushers beep street) I just dont because I like full control over my songs.

If I use a loop from a sample pack which I rarely do, I usually chop drums and play them how I want and if it is a melody I recreate it with a different instrument or play it slightly different to make it more interesting.

Loops are my hired studio musicians.
As a creative producer I flip/tell them how to play.
Quincy Jones - Dr.Dre can't play every instrument so they hire musicians. At the end of the day it all LOOPS.
www.myspace.com/goodloops - Cash Daily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back