dj scratching noise

R

rawwrecords1

just a quick question i have...if i buy a turntable an hook it up to my midi interface and use it in reason is that how i get the dj scratching sounds, or is there another way to do it???...thanks for the help

if you want scratching then u'll need records to scratch with the turntable, and a mixer to move the fader back and forth while scratching

It is not possible to connect a turntable to a MIDI device and get audio. MIDI is not audio in the first place.

You need to hook up the turntable to an audio interface or sound card.

One way of getting scratch sound in to reason is to get some scratch samples. Try to find some that are in rex format so you can load them in the Dr. rex or you can make a pattern with them in the redrum.

DUUUDE... There are some WICKED plug-ins for designing scratching sounds... Oh wait... Reason doesn't support plugins NM lol

You should really try out the FL scratcher,I tried it for a bit first and didnt quite get the results i was hopung for,so I forgot about it for a while...But then I stumbled on this guy`s post http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/78.0.html?&no_cache=1&tx_lzphpbb_pi1[t]=2184&tx_lzphpbb_pi1[t3func]=12

You can hear the mp3 examples of his scratching and it sounds great!
There`s a lot of practice to be involved in achieveing those skills tho...
If you have FL 6 you can download his entire setup flp file and examples.(flp file will work in previous versions of FL Studio)
You cant get better help then that online...

Back