digeridoo

hi. anyone tried synthing a digeridoo before? I'm trying to work it out, but I'm new to all this, and not getting very far...

I'm using crystal (the softsynth). any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated!

thanks
jack

woah....

id love to hear it if you get close!

that seems like maybe the craziest instrument to try to copy.... haha.

peace.

Is there a particular reason you don't want to use a real didge? They don't cost much and the basic playing technique is pretty easy (the circular breathing thing takes a lil' more time, though).

what's a physical modelling synth then? I'm afraid I have no idea, beyond what can be deduced from the name...

I want to synth it partly because I was playing with crystal and happened across a sound that was vaguely digeridooish, and wanted to develop it, and partly simply as an exercise in getting to know how to use synths. you're right - it would be easier to use a real didge, but I'm doing it more out of curiosity than to realise some concept involving that sound.

thanks for your contributions!
jack

I'm kind of working on this myself. As far as I can tell, all you really need is a thick bass sound, a tube reverb and some extreme filter cut. You might also throw in some light phasing.

I'm actually not developing this as a synth patch, but rather from a simple bass tone that I'm altering via effects.

I'll post it if I can get it to sound the way I want.

idealflaw - haha! definately!

A few bucks @ Home depot and you have yourself a didge. Might sound a little more synthetic than the eucalyptus ones, but it's -far- better than what a synth can do.

Back