Different key same scale

NYJ

The key of my song is in G major, I got a synth that only sounds hot when played in the key of D#, Is this ok?

The key of my song is in G major, I got a synth that only sounds hot when played in the key of D#, Is this ok?

You're no longer welcome here. Headass lmao I hope you ain't stop in the middle of the beat to post this though.. :4theloveofgod:

Key12345678
GGABCDEF[sup]#[/sup]G
D[sup]#[/sup]D[sup]#[/sup]E[sup]#[/sup]F[sup]##[/sup]G[sup]#[/sup]A[sup]#[/sup]B[sup]#[/sup]C[sup]##[/sup]D[sup]#[/sup]
E[sup]b[/sup]E[sup]b[/sup]FGA[sup]b[/sup]B[sup]b[/sup]CDE[sup]b[/sup]

So, I'm thinking that your synth is either transposed or your daw is set to transpose incoming midi signals, as you can see from the chart above, there are very few common tones between the two scales (G/F[sup]##[/sup], C/B[sup]#[/sup] and D/C[sup]##[/sup])

Last edited:
This is confusing me. If you're truly playing in Gmajor then D# would be the flat6 which is not in the scale and would clash with most things. Not to say you can't put a D# in there but it would create a really weird tension with the D which is actually in the scale if you're playing Gmaj chords. I think the best bet is to upload what you're talking about because if it sounds good it is either a detuned synth, you're not in gmajor, or you're borrowing chords like a boss and making cool music. Can you upload what you're talking about?

Back