did anyone read "Music composition for dummies" ?

G.E.PRODUCTIONS

Music Composition For Dummies: Scott Jarrett, Holly Day: 9780470224212: Amazon.com: Books

I usually like the "for dummies" books.I remembered one of their books really helped me with C++ programming but I don't know how well they did with music,in particular "Music composition for dummies".

At this point I have a decent knowledge of music theory and I'm just trying to read as much as I can to pick up as many tips as possible.
What I want to know is if this book offers anything other than the basic stuff most of us already know after making music for some time.I don't want to waste my time reading 200+ pages and find out I already knew everything.

Last edited:
they need to be read in small doses and everything needs to be applied as you go so that you cement the concepts presented

but worth the months that you will spend wading through them

the first one does build conceptually as you progress through each chapter so picking a technique may not be the best way to use it the other one tend step be more self-contained on a technique by technique basis but you may still need to read other things to make each chapter more transparent

Back