deep thump sound

GycVaughn

I wonder myself how I can get my kick as deep "thumping" as in this track :

https://soundcloud.com/drip-133/thim

I tried nearly everything , from eq and saturation to excessive masterchannel-adjustments but I still don´t get that rich , deep , thumpy sound .
Is there something i´ve missed concerning kick mixing or do I just have to lower everything besides the kick / sidechain the kick to the main synthline... It´s so confusing

Thank u for your help

I wonder myself how I can get my kick as deep "thumping" as in this track :

I tried nearly everything , from eq and saturation to excessive masterchannel-adjustments but I still don´t get that rich , deep , thumpy sound .
Is there something i´ve missed concerning kick mixing or do I just have to lower everything besides the kick / sidechain the kick to the main synthline... It´s so confusing

Thank u for your help

Hey buddy,
It all begins with the sample you use. Find a solid kick sample with a good thump.
The kick in this mix is very centered (as should all kicks in a mix be), so make sure you center your kick before you do anything.
With an EQ, cut out the very high frequencies, and boost the mids according to taste.
I suggest you use some kind of sampler for when synthesizing this kick. You want to give it a fast attack, very low sustain, and adjust the delay until your kick "thumps". you can also layer this kick with another kick that is transposed up a bit so it will be brighter. Put an EQ on that brighter kick, and cut out its lows so it won't interfere with your main kick's frequencies.
Only after you have got that stuff down should you add affects such as a saturator.

Cheers

Back