deep hit /string sound

KrushaL SuLtaN

how do you make that really deep hit sound like in a lot of 50 cent beats. "This is how we do" - Game and 50 is an example. Sounds like a deep string or violin or something.. what notes and what instrument is used?

KrushaL SuLtaN said:
how do you make that really deep hit sound like in a lot of 50 cent beats. "This is how we do" - Game and 50 is an example. Sounds like a deep string or violin or something.. what notes and
what instrument is used?

Stringed Instruments Kicks and Basses

combination of those.. no right or wrong way to make it.. just long as it sounds good

They'll be easier for me to create once I get my hands on the Combi!!!

i dont have reason. but I got it. It just turned out I was using some weak string sounds. And the tutorial from todaysbeats.com helped too. Is it me or i dont get an e-mail saying that someone posted in the forum. Thanks for your help tho.

get the Edirol Orchestra. Or try Sampletank cause they have some nice strings too... you'll like em..

the primary string-instruments are contrabass (very low), cellos (low), violas (medium), and violins (mid to highs)

dr. dre's productions use cellos quite often (i.e the spiccato strings in "forgot about dre")

Last edited:
Young Chris 101 said:
get the Edirol Orchestra. Or try Sampletank cause they have some nice strings too... you'll like em..

yeah sampletank does have some dope strings

Back